Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Last Day of Class!

Today was my last day of class and what a blast! The last thing I want to briefly talk about is the topic of divorce that we talked about in class. There were some huge points that I hadn't thought about before until we discussed it in class. One of the things we talked about was the Disney land dad. Usually in most cases the mother gets a majority of the time with the children because she is their mother. Dad's are usually left with only having them for the weekends or sometimes just for the Summer. A lot of times kids might favor being with their dad because that's where they have the most fun and don't have to do chores or be disciplined. If you think about it, if a dad only has the weekend then wouldn't he want to spend it having a good time with his kids instead of telling them to do chores? However, the mother still gets most time with her kids and that's a huge bummer to the father. Except one plus side for the dad is that he has more free time to date around and find another wife. While the ex wife doesn't have time because she tending to her children. One other point that I hadn't thought about was the extreme costs that come with divorce, not only that but the father has to pay twice as much as what he was paying before. Even though these seem like these would be things anyone would think about, surprisingly people really don't think it through.

On the last day of class we were asked to put together a 10 minute talk and give it to another classmate. I honestly did not think I would enjoy it as much as I did, it really helped me to expand on the things that I have already learned and take it further. I have learned so many important things about family, marriage and life in general. I have thoroughly enjoyed this class from the start until the very end.

No comments:

Post a Comment